Date of last revision: 20 JULY, 2018
LeapCloset is a Site to buy and sell gently used women’s and kids’ clothing, shoes and fashion accessories.
Listing your items on LeapCloset is absolutely free! It is an opportunity to have a large wardrobe in a small closet. Join the movement for a journey full of discoveries!
By accessories we mean handbags, women’s beauty items, jewelry, belts, gloves, scarves, shawls, watches, hats, caps, sunglasses, hair accessories, costumes, special outfits, backpacks, baby care items, and kids’ small toys and games. The accessories shall meet the package size options offered by LeapCloset.
Please refrain from listing items that do not fall into these categories, as they clutter the marketplace and make shopping for fashion more difficult and less enjoyable for others.
We want to ensure that LeapCloset remains a friendly, enjoyable and safe place, so we ask all our users to comply with LeapCloset “Catalog Rules” (“Rules”) for the items listed and their descriptions, narrative about the users’ style profile, and communications derived from a sale process.
The Catalog Rules are part of our “Terms and Conditions of use”, and we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these “Terms” at any time without further notice. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Terms, so you are aware of any revision to which you are bound. If we do this, we will post the changes to these Terms on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We will also notify you, either through the “Services” user interface, in an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective for existing users no earlier than ten (10) days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Services or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. Your continued use of the Services after the date any such changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Services.
1. Before to upload each item in the catalog the user must complete the corresponding questionnaire form.
2. All items must be assigned to the corresponding category and listed only once as this facilitate future search from potential buyers.
3. If you are listing more than one item, each item must be listed separately and assigned to the appropriate category.
4. Bundle listings (sets) must state 'bundle' or 'set' in the listing title and description. Each bundle listing must include the total price of the bundle, and items included in your bundle can not be listed separately. Nevertheless, please remember the buyer can always create a bundle from your separate items listed in your closet and purchase it as a whole.
5. The photos must represent the item as it is - no image editing please.
6. Photos of the item you are listing must be taken by you, or a friend, with the purpose of using them on LeapCloset.
7. Stock photos are not allowed as contain ads and watermarks in photos.
8. Photographs must be clear.
9. The main photo should clearly represent the item listed. It is not allowed a collage of several photos the one you use as the main photo. However, you are free to choose how you want to display your item in the additional photos.
10. The title should include the words you expect the item to be search for.
11. Each item should have the appropriate Item Condition assigned.
12. Each item must be clearly and accurately represented by using all features available in the questionnaire form to avoid misunderstanding and false expectations from the potential buyers.
User’s Style Profile
1. Describe your fashion style so the buyer knows what to expect in your closet.
2. Let the potential buyers know any discount strategy you might have if they create a bundle from your closet.
3. Ensure your profile statements meet moral and ethical common codes.
1. The Site provides features to chat and exchange communications with other users for the only purpose to support the sale process of your Catalog Items. Hence, a different use of these features is not considered appropriate and might be subject to penalties.
2. Ensure when the buyer requests clarification for one of your items you answer clearly and completely to avoid misunderstanding and false expectation. Also, this is an opportunity for you to state and / or explain the condition and description of an item you felt short by filling out the questionnaire form, but you consider important the potential buyer should know prior deciding.
1. LeapCloset strictly prohibits the sale of illegal items, including but not limited to replicas or fakes, products derived from threatened or extinct species, anything requiring a prescription, misrepresented First Nations arts and crafts, and stolen goods. Members who buy, list, or otherwise attempt to sell such illegal items risk immediate and permanent termination from LeapCloset.
2. Examples of products that may be interpreted as trading in derived from threatened or extinct species include but aren't limited to clothing, shoes, jewelry, fur, bags, accessories, rings, bracelets, containing tiger, shark, turtle shells, yak bones, whale, dolphin, staghorn or elkhorn coral, rhinoceros, boar, elephant, walrus, mammoth, parts or products containing these ingredients or other endangered species.
3. Note, using a brand name to falsely describe or promote an item violates trademark law, even if the item is not explicitly "counterfeit". For example, the use of the words "inspired by" followed by a brand (for example "inspired by Chanel") is prohibited on our Site. Additionally, taking portions of branded items (for example, a button from an authentic designer jacket) and re-purposing / hand-making them into other items like jewelry, is also prohibited on our Site.
4. LeapCloset also prohibits the sale of items that cannot be shipped using Expedited and Regular Parcels per Canada Post terms, including but not limited to nail polish, perfumes and aerosols. Click here for more information on what cannot be shipped. Any listings in these categories will be deleted.
5. We do not condone the buying or selling of electronics, cell phones, books, dvds, home goods, used piercings except for earrings, any health and wellness products (examples include lotions, body wash, diet supplements, protein powder, body wraps, breast pumps, curling irons and hair straighteners), and current airline and airport uniforms and related items (which include pilot, flight attendant, CATSA, baggage attendant gate agents and all other flight and ground crew uniforms). Any listings in these categories will be deleted.
6. We do not allow the sale of handmade cosmetic products, testers, samples or promotional items that you received for free (including items which come from “Beauty Boxes”), contact lenses (including contact lens solutions and contact lens cases), nail polish remover, razors, used makeup products or makeup tools that come into direct contact with the skin. For example, you can’t sell eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, mascara, etc. All other beauty products may be sold open and/or used if the description clearly states this.
7. Also, it is prohibited any LMVH or Chanel cosmetic or fragrance - this includes Guerlain, Dior, Kenzo, Nude, Make Up For Ever, Fresh, Benefit, Givenchy, Loewe Acqua di Parma brands. These products may only be sold by aggregated distributors and not on LeapCloset.
8. Neither is permitted the sale of used or worn underwear for hygiene reasons. However, underwear that is new with tags can be listed. You must clearly show photographs of the tags in your item listing, or it must be in it's unopened packaging.
9. Do not upload any adult sex toy, game and item.
10. All the items posted which did not follow above Rules, as well as other items that do not fall into the categories of “women’s and kids’ clothes, shoes and accessories as explained” will be removed at the LeapCloset administrators’ discretion.
11. Users who repeatedly attempt to sell such items risk permanent termination from LeapCloset.
We would like you to enjoy your experience in our community, so we are providing these conduct rules which we demand from each of our users.
1. Any content different from the purpose and the scope of the Site would be deleted and might cause associated account be blocked or terminated.
2. Offering and advertising any services in the catalog is not allowed.
3. Any content which deviates from these Catalog Rules will be deleted without warning.
4. Every item listed shall be available for sale. Hence, we don’t allow writing ‘Sold’, ‘Currently out of stock’, 'Check back later', etc. in the title of the item when you have already sold.
5. Neither is allowed these types of messages and / or posting style: items and shoes with size indicted as ‘various’ or 'more sizes available', or items which ‘can be ordered’.
6. Auctions are meant for generating as much profit as possible, which contradicts our aim. That’s why listings in the catalog and other posts containing auctioning or bidding are not allowed and will be deleted without warning.
7. You agree to not use the Services to
- sell, post or otherwise transmit any item or content that (i) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another‘s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) you do not have a right to sell or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (iii) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (iv) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," "contests," "sweepstakes," or any other form of solicitation; (vi) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (vii) in the sole judgment of LeapCloset, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Services, or which may expose LeapCloset or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Services or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications.
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services other than those items intended to be sold and purchased through the Services.
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services.
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law.
- engage in any activities that violate the Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”).
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities.
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Services.
8. Links that direct customers to a site other than LeapCloset are not allowed. This policy applies whether the link is clickable or not, and includes any attempts to direct a customer off a page. It extends to all user-created content, such as listing descriptions, user’s style profile, communications, images, etc.
9. Communications and content promoting or suggesting directly or indirectly to consider or be aware of any website, social media account or retail store are not allowed.
10. No contact information is allowed to provide or suggest as phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts, addresses, etc.
Please note, that LeapCloset aims to provide a safe and friendly environment for social shopping. However, if we see that a user is abusing the Services or deviated from the purpose of the Site, we may impose penalties.
If a member has violated any of the Catalog Rules, we will issue a written warning and might delete or hide the item which is out of compliance. If you receive a message from the administrators of the Services regarding an unsuitable listing or content, you’ll have 24 hours to take action. At the end of this period the listing may be deleted without notice.
Those users who choose to ignore the warnings, do not communicate with the Site administrator, and / or make no effort to correct their violations, their membership may be revoked (blocked) for an unlimited period of time, or even terminated.
We prefer to maintain a friendly relationship with everyone who uses our Services. We understand that there are many rules to comply with and read through, hence it is natural some might not be clear. If that’s the case, please contact our Customer Service Team by sending an email to email@example.com and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.
Sometimes disputes among users occur. If that’s the case and you can not resolve the disagreement with the administrator’s involvement, then the administrator of LeapCloset has the decisive vote.